Welcome to Thomason Walters
Thomason and Walters is an equine ambulatory practice which was established in 2006 by Paul Thomason and Thomas Walters. Since then the practice has built a reputation for accurate diagnosis of all our clients horses and ponies, ranging from International competition horses to family pets.
Our aim is to provide excellent care for your horses at an affordable price. By keeping our overheads down and implementing a fairer fee structure we hope to be able to keep your routine veterinary costs to a minimum without compromising the quality of our treatment and advice.
We have both ridden and owned horses for many years and hope that this gives us a greater understanding of your needs and aspirations where horses are concerned.
As an ambulatory practice all our facilities are fully portable. We use the latest direct digital radiographic technology, digital ultrasound and endoscopic equipment. Furthermore, all our records are computerised, fully integrated and portable.
For those clients wishing to bring their horse to us, we have treatment, investigative and hospitalisation facilities in Shavington, Crewe.
- Visits are charged on a time and mileage basis between calls. If clients are able to be flexible and work with us then the routine work costs will be kept to a minimum.
- A minimum call out charge (inclusive of VAT) applies.
- For shared visits the minimum call out charge applies. This means that if you have a call when we are already in your area, the cost will be minimal. If, however we have to drive from outside your area, the cost is likely to be higher and so your visit fee may vary from one occasion to the next. We feel that this arrangement is fairer to each client and will help minimise our mileage enabling us to reduce our costs and pass those benefits on to our clients.
- Out of hours calls will attract a surcharge.
- Our drugs are competively priced and compare favourably with internet pharmacies.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit or debit card. We offer a 5% discount for payment at the time of the consultation or on the day. If payments are not made at the time or on the day, bills are issued immediately and our terms are payment within 28 days of the billing date. Late payment may incur a surcharge for every month over the due date.
Our aim is to provide you with good, honest, sound advice and Veterinary care and hope that you will find the above arrangements give good service and value for money.